Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blogging For Credit, That is Extra

I have an English Class, 316-Technical Communication, where my teacher informed us if we keep a journal or a blog, he would give us Extra Credit. He wants us to write at least once a week, and since I already have a blog AND I haven't been updating like I should be, it's good motivation to do so.

This Entry is just going to be my classes and what they are and how I feel about them thus far in the semester.

ComD 331-Clinical Phonetics: Taught by Dr. Shawn Nissen, whom I had for Speech Anatomy last winter semester, should be interesting. The lectures up until now have been more or less a slight review of Speech Anatomy, which isn't necessarily that great since I didn't do terribly well in that class last semester. However, having taken a Spanish Phonetics class, it will be interesting to see the difference in technical parts of language between Spanish and English. The Lectures haven't actually been terribly boring, and overall Nissen teaches pretty well. We have Lecture twice a week (M, W 1-1:50), and then a lab on Friday (various possible times). Expected Grade, from knowledge of Nissen's Exams and my past phonetics experience, and level of interest: B

ComD 330 - Language Development: Taught by Dr. Martin Fujiki. Under circumstances of being taught by a different teacher, I would say this class would be really interesting and captivating. However, under Dr. Fujiki, it unfortunately is not. I actually find the material quite intriguing, since Language is something we all just....know....and to think that it also has to develop in some way, is interesting. Fujiki has the most monotone voice i've ever heard, and the worst part, he know it and doesn't do anything to change it!! I guess when you get stuck in a rut, or get stuck in your ways, it's pretty hard to change; you would think a TEACHER would at least try to captivate their class. The good thing about this class is having people I actually know to keep me company, awake, and help me do well. Justin Morgan, Christina Saurers, and Liam Clancy (whom i also have 331 with, and was in SA last year with me) are all in the class together. Hopefully this can make up for the yawn-ness of a class. Expected Grade: B or higher. (only because of how boring it is.......)

American Christianity: Taught by John Fluhman. This class is AWESOME!!!!!! Basically it is what it sounds like, Christianity in America, but as far as I can tell, it will hardly be about the LDS church. The class is HUGE, and I believe for the reason that as LDS students, most people don't really know much of anything about other religions, let alone their own.....maybe we know about the LDS church....but where Christianity stems from, and the importance of background before Joseph Smith, not at all. On top of it, the teacher is extremely animated and exciting to listen to. Luckily i have this class AFTER Fujiki....so it makes up for the boringness of the former. Too bad i don't have it before, i'm sure it would make Fujiki more bearable. Expected Grade: B+ or A-

English 316 - Technical Communication: Taught by Nate Jackson. I've never really been a huge fan of English classes, but I think this will be the one during my career at BYU that I'll actually enjoy all the way through. My teacher, ironically, works full time in the Marketing department at Nuskin, and is a Part Time teacher. Major props....i'm pretty sure that's crazy. Then again, he only teaches one class (mine) and there are literally like...20 students...less than that. However, there is one specific Kid in my class that makes it freaking Hilarious. I'm not sure he's 100% in the head, I think he might have a slight handicap, So he just says things sometimes and gets so excited, it's pretty much the funniest thing ever. This is the class i'm actually going to be blogging for, which hopefully will get me back into the rhythm. Expected Grade: B+ or A.

Stats 221 - Principles of Statistics - I'm just going to say one thing. Gross. I'm not excited about this class, At ALL....ZERO excited. But i guess if I HAVE to take it.........I will........At least i have some conocidos in the class....but that doesn't help much to motivate me to go. But I go. I go, because I need to go, I have to Go. So I go. Expected Grade. B as well.

I Have a Bowling Class, but that doesn't start until halfway through the semester. Should be fun. hopefully an Easy A......

The semester is almost 3 full weeks in. It ends on December 10, well at least classes do. Finals run through the 18th. I'm really trying extra hard this semester to get to ALL of my classes...yes I've already missed a couple, but I'm really trying to dedicate myself to going to every class, that is required. This is My goal. Only miss the classes I literally can't make it to. (Circumstances being: Out of Town, Work, Being too ill to leave my house, Family functions *Weddings, etc.*)

I really do enjoy blogging. It helps me relax some....to get things off my mind, and also share with the world. I know i need to put more pictures on....but i'm just not a picture saavy person. Plus every time i put pictures on, i can never get it to look exactly like i want. I hate the parameters the internet has....i guess it HAS to, to work, but i think someone should invent some way to make it like a piece of paper, where i just draw what i want, write what i want, WHERE i want. THAT would be an awesome Blog template. Times ten, plus pollo.

No comments: