Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Remember that time?

Remember that time I used to be good at blogging? Then the school year ended, and I stopped. Like I do every summer? I guess that wasn't really a time, it just happened again. This could be an epic problem come December....why? BECAUSE I'M GRADUATING!!!

Yes. Me. Unbelievable right? Well I know for sure I didn't do it getting straight A's, but I passed all my classes and that's all that matters. Well for this stage at least. Which brings me to my next problem. The real problem. Grad school.

I'm going to be honest. I will be graduating, from BYU, with a cumulative GPA of 2.6 I really don't understand why school has been so difficult for me, but alas, it has. I know from talking to others currently in grad school, for Speech Language Pathology, that most schools require a minimum of 3.0 to get in. I suppose I could have retaken some of the classes I didn't do the best in, but now that BYU has changed their retaking policies, I didn't feel it would be worth it. Especially if I didn't do much better, which is likely. Maybe I don't believe in myself enough, or maybe I didn't study good enough, but it is what it is. All I know is for now, graduating is going to be exciting and something i'm looking forward to.

On other fronts, I still live at home. Is it a bad/good thing? I'm not sure. I do feel like me being there has been beneficial for various reasons, not even particularly my own needs/satisfactions. I feel like I've grown closer to my parents and come to recognize a bit more of who they are what they mean to me. Sappy right? I started a new job this summer at Convergys. Yeah, another call center job, which I don't love, but honestly I'm not hate either. I'm working graveyards, Wednesday-Sunday 11:30 pm-8 am. That's not the best, but it's really slow and I have plenty of time to do what I want (within reason) and can do my homework as well. It's not a career, just something to get me through this semester until I can find something better.

Dating. Well, let's not go there. Cuz, it isn't going on. Sometimes I THINK it/something is going on, but yeah, it's just me and my mind pretending it is. Oh well. someday right? I would go into specifics, but I honestly just don't feel like talking about the lowness that is my dating life.

Well that's about it right now. I will try to write more. Even though my blogs are boring. I guess that's about how my life sums up at this point. But that's ok, life doesn't have to be exciting all the time.



No comments: