Thursday, February 28, 2008

No one

No one reads this, so i don't know why i even update it. But that's ok cuz it's really just a journal for myself.

So my life at the moment is kind of in an interesting position. I'm not in school as noted in a previous post, not dating anyone seriously, and i'm working full time. Theh "rut," i guess you could call it that i'm in, is really just i don't know what's going on with anything or....anything at all. I'm just chillin, running a race, but not going anywhere. The weird thing is, is i feel like right now i'm ok. I'm not sad, or depressed or freaking out about some small issue. I'm just living my life the best i can right now and not worrying to much about the future. I know what will come will come, and what will happen will happen and i don't need to wig out about it. Happy am I.

I'm not really in the mood for writing. I don't really have a lot to write about right now, at least here...maybe in my other Blog... But really people i just thought of somethign pretty cool i can write about.

So recently i've come to the conclusion that some things in life are just Impossible to be passionate about. For example: My current job, paper cuts, celery, mustard, cats, getting yelled at by angry customers, cell phone breaking, losing things, breaking an arm, etc. You know, the crappy things in life. Other things are difficult, but possible. Examples: Dating, school, parental pressure, driving the speed limit, forgiving others, to name a few. I have also recently discovered there is one thing, to me especially, that is SO easy to be passionate about and i found that it is one of the things i am most passionate for. Music.

You know, it doesn't really matter what kind of music as long as it's soothing and can help me understand and think. In fact, i think any kind of music can have a good effect on a person depending on their mood. Of course there is the music that is just annoying and dumb, rapping, or screaming vulgarities non stop, but even that can be healing power for some people. My healing power, i found, is just anything that sounds good. I don't care if someone says they hate it, or it's trendy pop, or it's lame. If i like it and i can relax while i'm listening to it, it's basically zen for me.

Two nights ago our friend Kat Tingey, who is an amazing guitarist and artist by the way and you should definitely check her out. Anyway she is pretty awesome, and decided to play at the Open Mic show at Velour on Tuesday night. We went, and it turned out she had to play very last...not to great cuz most people had left by then. In the middle of the show, one guy got up to play that goes by "Rockin Rob." Just imagine a mountain man, that can't hardly speak english cuz he has no teeth, huge bushy beard, long hair, cowboy boots with one pant leg tucked in, one leg not, and you have your man. He got up and tuned his guitar for liek 3 minutes at least....then started to look at it and started laughing....which made everyone else in the whole joint just kind of uneasy cuz it was an awkward weird, crazy man laugh. He played his song, which was...whatever...then after he tuned his guitar again and played a song call Mt. Timpanogos....my favorite line was "You are a mountain, a mountain to my heart." It was pretty classic...i just wish i had a video camera...that i SHOULD have..jeeze...but yeah, it was great.

This is KIND of what he looked like...

So anyway the night was pretty sweet. The best part was when we were walking out, they invited Kat to come back and play last night at the Acoustic Showcase...which was a real show. Kat played for about a half hour, including a song she wrote with heavy Muse influence...which was pretty rad. The bands that followed afterward, and i say bands cuz the rest of them..except the last one had more than just one member. The 3rd guy had a saxophone player...which was amazingly amazing...and awesome plus 10.

So with the last few days, and the Incubus DVD i bought, i really just KNOW that music is a passion and i love it!!

1 comment:

Cami said...

don't be so dramatic. of course i read this.