Wednesday, December 10, 2008

For Anyone Curious....

My Piano recital was today.

1. The Piece I played, entitled "Sleep Baby, Sleep", I played actually really well. I surprised even myself.
2. The Duet was awesome. We played "Up on the House Tops" The first page we played basically flawless, but the second line of the second page....yeah we totally butchered it. Amber, my partner, started to kind of chuckle...which made me start laughing, and then she completely busted out. I was so lost, so i just picked up on a spot i knew we both could play...and we finished...except we are supposed to finish on the same note, but i finished a count ahead of her. It was pretty awesome. Lucky for us, our teacher is way rad and she told the class afterward that she gave everyone full credit. Woo hoo!!

I love the piano. Anyone wanna give me some pointers? That'd be awesome!

1 comment:

kwistin said...

HA! That's so tight. Is that why I always see you walk out of the H-fac when I'm sitting in class from 4-6pm MW? (By the way, I have class from 4-6pm MW and I always see you walk out of the H-fac).

Yay for you and yay for the piano.