Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Job

Did i really expect to get the job this time? Well i thought i had a pretty good chance, but i wasn't getting my hopes up. Although, i still thought i had a pretty good chance. Nope. Didn't get it. I swear my manager hates me and tells anyone that wants to hire me NOT to do it, wouldn't surprise me at all. This is the standard email i got from HR (that i've seen countless times now):



Dear Jeff,

Thank you for interviewing for the Information Coordinator position here at Nu Skin. We appreciated the chance to get to know you better throughout the interview process.

We were fortunate to consider many talented applicants for this position. Although your skills and experience are impressive, we have elected to appoint another candidate whose qualifications more closely matched the requirements for this position.

We are truly pleased that you have considered furthering your career with us here at Nu Skin and wish you the best. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you along your journey, I am happy to help.



I know they have to send the same standard email to everyone, but for just once i'd like to get a personalized email from the person hiring me, telling me why i wasn't hired. I hate having to ask for it and then get a letter saying i'm crap (which is what happened last time). And what does "IMPRESSIVE" skills and experience mean? Seriously...if i'm impressive, HIRE ME!! I've been threatening to quit for ages now, and i'm pretty sure this is the last straw. You can only take phone calls for so long, and 3 years is just about enough for me. I'd love to stay with Nuskin, but it seems to be impossible without staying in my current position.



So if anyone knows of any good jobs, that isn't taking phone calls, and pays around 10-11 an hour, that'd be great.



1 comment:

kwistin said...

Aw, I'm sorry Jeff. That bites. What kind of work are you looking for?