Friday, October 16, 2009

A LIST

In a tumultuous world full of uncertainty, with good and bad things happening around us, I think it's important to take a second and truly think about all that is going well in our/my life. I know a lot of my posts are negative, and just me complaining, but I've really tried to be positive lately and think about the good things rather than the bad or unhappy. I've decided to make this post (well the remaining part) into a list of those things I am most happy, thankful, and/or appreciative of. This list will be in no specific, I just have a lot of things in my mind and I want to get them written down.

I am Thankful:

    For my parents, my family, Love, Peace, kind hearts, the Gospel, a loving Heavenly Father, my savior Jesus Christ, the scriptures, the Temple, knowledge and the ability to learn, the opportunity to go to school, a good job, my cell phone, my computer, my guitar, music period, inspiration, posts from people on Facebook letting me know they care, messages and/or emails from a lost friend telling me they've missed me, being missed, being loved, having good health, having doctors and hospitals ready to take care of me when I'm sick, the opportunity to serve those that are sick and afflicted, a good country and government who is trying to do what they think is the best for us, the fact that no one is perfect and no one can be or ever will, the ability to be perfected in Christ, knowing he is there no matter what, acceptance, humility, feelings of greatness, warm fuzzies, talks about life with friends who listen, Thai food, Wendy's JBC's, Frosty's, Cheesecake, Dad's Bennihannas, Green Shakes, all my roommates being back, the Summer, the beauty of the Winter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, the goodness of people, Samantha Jordan and her understanding of what I need from her, my car, my iPod, new tires, birthdays, celebrations, family parties, weddings, cousins, grandmothers, grandfathers, Fridays, weekends, sleeping in, Sleep, my bed, blankets, the houses I live in, security, comfort, The Goonies, blogging, journals, emotions, the Human Body, free stuff, having money to buy things I need, Ozzy being on a mission, Brent being amazing and an inspiration and example to so many, Camille teaching 1st graders how to Live life and be good at it, the example my parents have given me, Good Bishops, close friends, confidence, trust, carpet, couches, pianos, trees, flowers, Tiki, the mountains, rivers, the Ocean, scuba diving, Bolivia, the mission I served, the people I helped, and the world going on around me and me being able to take part in it.

I couldn't live without:

    My family, especially my Mom and Dad who listen to me and still support me; good roommates, who make living in Provo bearable and fun; technology, giving me the ability to write this and share it with the world, giving me the chance to watch my favorite TV shows without having to watch them ON TV; TV shows, that make me happy and give me a moment to relax from the real life and be fully immersed in a different world.

I don't know where I'd be without:

    Anything mentioned above. My parents and what they've done for me. Good friends and the ability to be a good friend. Technology, more specifically the internet, cell phones and cars. The guidance I receive from the temple, and from the Lord. The scriptures and all they can and do teach us.

There really isn't any reason to not be thankful. My list could go on and on, and I think I might make a more specific list and talk about why and how those things have affected me, but for now this will do.

1 comment:

alexkhulme said...

i appreciate this list. i like it when people way what they are thankful for cuz it makes me think about what im thankful for. :)