Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hello World, Small, Big…


 

    Yes, I am in fact, alive. I realize it has been months since I have last written, and I really meant to write more often than that. School and life just gets the best of you, and you let things slip. For example, my room has been completely neglected. I ran out of clean clothes 2 days ago. Papers and crap is scattered everywhere. Luckily, today was the end of school (classes at least, and that eases things up a bit. Finals just need to be out of the way.

    Tonight was the Nuskin yearly Christmas/Holiday party. I love my work; they really know what it means to value their employees. I complain a lot about what I do at work, but that's just my actual job. I love my company, it's the best. This year they gave everyone an iPod shuffle, $100 gift card to Costco, 2 week pay bonus, and there was a really nice dinner involved tonight. I need to be thankful, where I'm getting bonuses and other gifts, other people don't have jobs, or are losing theirs. This hits especially close to home this year. I was working in the Provo store today, and I signed up to donate to Nourish the Children; Nuskin's primary Charity. We were doing it for selfish reasons, to try and win the Ambassador award at the party tonight, but honestly I'm glad I didn't win. It wouldn't have felt right. I need to start giving back to the world, helping people, fulfilling some of my life goals and ambitions.

    My American Christianity class taught me a lot; mainly it taught me that the world is full of good people. Brother Fluhman brought in 3 Evangelical friends of his on the last day of our class. We had the opportunity to just ask them any question we wanted as far as lifestyle, beliefs, views, etc. It was just good to know there really are people out there who are striving to be like the savior. As it IS Christmas time, I've been trying more to focus on what Christmas is actually a celebration of, rather than the retail holiday. I don't really know what to ask for Christmas anyway, and seeing how I don't need anything, I'm not remotely worried about it. I'm just going to focus on him, and try and be a better person. That will be my gift to the Lord. I can't ever repay him for what he did for me, but you know, I feel like I'm trying to live the best I can and I know he'll make up for where I lack in my imperfections.

    I want to give. That's all I want. I'm done being selfish. The End.

1 comment:

kevin said...

You want to hang out with your long lost cousin from Florida for Christmas! Good luck with finals