Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lost

I am Lost. I have decided this tonight. I feel as if I'm at a crossroads, with 10 different directions to go, and I'm sitting in the middle with my legs and arms crossed, my head down and a hoodie over my head not wanting to look at any of the Options. The worst part of the whole situation is basically not knowing what the 10 different roads are. I know what I feel and what I theoretically want, but all in all it seems It's too late to make any drastic changes in my life as far as school, career, location go.

I've also been living in the same house for 2 1/2 years, of which I don't regret. I love my roommates, my living conditions, my privacy, and my current life is comfortable. However, I believe this is precisely where my problem is: I've become too comfortable with my current life, even if it's been on cruise control for what seems like the last year, or more. But is being comfortable really a bad thing? I just feel like I don't have any opportunity to advance in life in my current situation. A certain friend asked me a while back when I'm going to move out of this house, and my answer was "I have no reason to." I really don't, but I'm starting to feel like I have more reason than ever before. The problem is I don't know where I would go. I don't want the student housing/apartments scene. I'm over that. I'm over wanting the party life, I want to move on. But I don't even know what moving on entails exactly. I know what the next step of life SHOULD be, and I feel i'm "ready" to take that on, but I can't force that to happen, although I'm really not doing my part to speed along the process......

I just wish Moroni would come down to me and tell me exactly what to do and what direction to go. Then again, I'm not sure I WANT to know the course in life I HAVE to go, Plus I honestly don't think there's just ONE way to go for a person. I just know I need to step it up on many levels and start caring. I do care, I just have a hard time showing it.

My current major is Communication Disorders, which then branches out into Speech Language Pathology or Audiology. I chose this major because I had considered it before, heard good things about it, it sounded interesting, a Personality inventory taken during a planning and decision making class suggested it, and it seemed to be a quick major. My original thoughts were to go Audiology, which is what I still plan to do, however with my current grades I'm not sure what is feasible. The main issue here is that I have so many hours, I'm not sure the university would allow me to change majors without some kind of special permission. I don't know what I'd change to anyway.

So that's how I'm feeling right now. I'm not sure why the world needs to know this, or even cares, but it feels good to get out.

1 comment:

kevin said...

finish school. Believe me when you do the changes will come in a full flood of glory. Just enjoy where you are. Its only 2 years. But hey if you want a change I hear that Florida is nice.