Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Morning Wake Up Call...

So home teachers are great right? I mean they come over, they share the word with you, they ask if they can do anything for you where usually the answer is no. What would 2 guys (1 in the case for today) be able to do for you, that 5 guys couldn't handle? Well let me setup the scenario.

Last night, well yesterday, Mike bought a bunch of new toys. A PS3, a new surround sound system, and the game Rock Band. So needless to say, we played it basically from 7:30ish until about 1 am....straight. Sure we took breaks and stuff, but it was pretty constant. Rock Band tires you out. Plus, me personally, i was up til almost 3 am watching an addiction...no nothing bad! Get your mind out of the gutter! Grey's Anatomy is my newest addiction. April Dansie let me borrow the first season, rather her mother did, but that's where it started. I downloaded a torrent of the second season, and the 3rd just finished downloading...so i've been pretty much completely addicted to it.

As my last episode for the night was finishing, Mike pushes open my door and was like "what are you still doing up, why didn't you come out to the hot tub?" So Mike was also up til 3....and Eric was up late too because he's sick. Ace is sick also, therefor making him a candidate for not getting up early.

I was awoken at about 10:30 by my wonderful new friend Janae. She decided to fall asleep on me last night, and sent me a text, responding to the one i sent her last night. But hey i can't say i haven't done that to anyone, just not her....although i'm sure it will happen eventually :) Ok actually, my alarm woke me up, but i always check my phone when i first wake up to see...if by chance anyone has tried to contact me. Pathetic i know :) So after awhile, i leave my room to go to the bathroom. As i'm walking out of the bathroom, i hear the doorbell ring. I couldn't fathom who would be coming over on a sunday morning, since basically no one we really know rings the doorbell...most people just walk in. I go out to the front room, and find Mike M. sleeping on the couch (his brother has been in town) sitting up, wondering as i was who in tarnation is ringing the doorbell at this hour (yeah i know it's like 11, but hey we have a right to sleep in!). I open the door, and our home teacher is standing there...kind of awkwardly. I think the minute, the second, the instant i opened the door, and had the look on my face of *wow...the home teacher is here, and everyone is still asleep, my hair is all messy, and he DIDN'T CALL!* He knew he was in trouble. WHO DOES THAT!! I mean if he HAD called, i'm sure no one would have had any problem with it. But when 3 out of the 4 people he's home teaching are still asleep, 2 out of the 4 are sick, and he comes when both things are in effect....it's his own fault. He shared a lesson with us, but needless to say...there wasn't much participation. I read a section he asked me too, Ace read something, but when he asked us to participate with opinions or whatever...no one really had any motivation to do it. Now i can't blame the kid for fulfilling his responsibility. In fact, i really think it's awesome that he took care of it, although it was a touch inconvenient for us, but hey the Gospel isn't always convenient right?

That's my story about our Sunday morning wake up call. The ironic thing is, the kid is actually kind of a little on the weird side. Not in a bad way, more in a fuanny way, so i'd almost expect this kind of thing out of him. Well time to get ready for church and the day for that matter....at the crack of noon....

No comments: