Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is it worth it?

Is it worth it? That's my question. Honestly i really don't know if it is. I realize the majority of my posts probably have had some mention about the dating life, and just really how annoying it is. You know what, it's the truth. It's annoying and i really do not like it sometimes. I'm tired of being the nice guy. Green day really did say it how it is:

Nice guys finish lastYou're running out of gas
Your sympathy will get you left behind
Sometimes you're at your best
When you feel the worst
Do you feel washed up like piss going down the drain

Pressure cooker pick my brain and tell me I'm insane
I'm so fu*#@$* happy I could cry
Every joke can have it's truth but now the joke's on you
I never knew you're such a funny guy

Oh nice guys finish last
When you are the outcast
Don't pat yourself on the back
You might break your spine
Living on command
You're shaking lots of hands
You're kissing up and bleeding all your trust
Taking what you need
Bite the hand that feeds
You lose your memory and you got no shame

I know that it never hurts to be a nice guy, and of course it's best to treat girls with utmost respect and kindness, but seriously i've gotten to the point i just feel like it's not worth it. I have some really good friends, which is great i know. Don't get me wrong, i like having friends, however there comes a point....when friends just doesn't cut it anymore. Especially when you lose friends when friends get a boyfriend or whatever, and you're left hanging in the air alone. I don't mind being a nice guy, it's what i'm known for. But you know, it just seems like it's not getting me anywhere. I don't want friends anymore. I mean, JUST friends only, always. Friends are good to have, and i know really to find a "companion" i need to be friends first with people. My problem is, it always ends up being JUST friends and i'm sick of it. I see guys that are not nice; guys that are jerks; guys that treat girls like crap; guys that are just retarded....somehow all manage to get the girl. Maybe i should stop being so nice and just start not caring about how girls feel, and stop playing games. I really don't think i could do that. It's not in my nature. I'm just to caring and nice, but i'm seriously considering dejando de ser el heroe y amigo de todos.

On a better note, last night was amazing! I went and saw Story Of The Year at the "Rock in UVU" concert that X96 put on. It was a free concert, if you could win tickets off the radio. But you could also buy them at the venue for 9.63 (96.3 fm). I had my buddy Pace pick up a ticket for me, Steve, Aubrey, and Tyson. We got there a little late, but it was still just one of the opening bands. The Brobecks...they were ok...not amazing. The thing that dissapointed me the most, was the fact that Story of the Year didn't play last. I guess the "Highlight" of the show was supposed to be "The Bravery". Don't get me wrong, they were pretty cool...just to follow suite after Story of the Year, is basically impossible. Had The Bravery gone first, i think i would have enjoyed them much more. Story of the Year was basically and utmost amazing. They put on a wicked awesome show. Throwing their guitars around their necks, throwing guitars across the stage, doing back flips off the stage, freaking standing on the crowd (the singer) while singing....they were pretty freaking insane. One of the best shows i've been to....the only show i've been to in freaking so long. I NEEDED to go to a show. It wasn't just a want anymore, but a physical need. It just relieves me of so much stress and i can think about stuff at concerts. Call me weird.

Anyway. Story of the Year: Living life and being good at it. A prime example.

No comments: