Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Dear Jack"


I have been realizing and pondering a lot of things lately. The most recent came from watching the Documentary called "Dear Jack." For those of you who don't know the band Jack's Mannequin, I highly suggest you look into them. While they aren't new to me at all, after watching the story of all that Andrew McMahon went through, it gave me a renewed spirit of an I CAN attitude and a deeper respect for the band. Summed up, Andrew contracted and lived through a bout of Leukemia. The entire 60 minutes of the documentary shows his treatments and struggles, while trying to record an album at the same time..........there are hardly 5 minutes of him being down or sad or negative about his situation. Even when he use a lint roller to "shave" his head. I'd like to think if I were in any kind of similar situation (and I'm not wishing this in any way Karma.......) I'd hope to be have the will power he has to stick it out and get through it. I'm sure there were times he wanted to just die and move on and get it over with, but he knew how precious life is and fought through it. Currently it's on the Comcast On-Demand program (where I watched it) but can be purchased through the Jack's Mannequin site, or through amazon. By purchasing it through the site (at least, i'm sure any purchase does this...)Part of the proceeds go to the Dear Jack foundation. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there.



You can also download it from iTunes for $10

I Just know how lucky I am to have the life I have. To not have had to suffer something massive like Leukemia, or losing a parent or sibling, really never having any drastic thing happen. I guess it doesn't mean it can't happen. It can. But at the same time, if it did, hopefully I would be able to get through it and be strong.

That is all :)