Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!! (99% sure.......)

So today, June 29, 2010, at 7:30 am, was the scheduled date for the hearing with my former company Nuskin regarding Unemployment. (See this and this )

So I have literally been losing sleep over this stupid thing for the last 2-3 weeks. Essentially since I found out Nuskin appealed it and wanted a hearing, which was I think June 11th.......yeah, it's been on my mind that much. I know it wasn't/isn't a big deal, but really to me, this whole thing, well the decision that would be made, would completely validate my feelings on what happened and the whole issue. If the decision was made against me, then it's a lesson learned and I move on. If it was made in my favor, I was right and never should have been fired, and the lesson would be learned for those involved from Nuskin.

So I rolled around all night waking up literally every half hour thinking it was time to get up to face the music. I wrote things out last night that I wanted to say; points I wanted to make, rebuttals to the "evidence" they sent to me, so I was ready to go. My parents were up and we were just talking about how I needed to be calm and collected on the call and just be open and honest about everything (hmmmmmm isn't that my philosophy on life ANYWAY?). My phone rings, finally, at 7:31. On the other line is Judge *Last name* (yeah I didn't write his name down.....oh well). He informs me that he called my former employer first, and they didn't answer. He left a message and told them they'd have until 7:45 am to call him back, or the case would be dismissed. Huge smile on my face, I told him that would be great. He said he'd let me know as soon as he had them on the phone, or if they never called back. I almost jumped out of chair with excitement. My Dad just laughed. How IRONIC!!!!!!!!!! Part of the reason I got fired was because of problems with being tardy.........seriously........to not make your OWN HEARING!??!?! WHO DOES THAT!!!!!!!! There are a lot of things that could have happened. Maybe they decided it really wasn't that big of a deal since I was just a nobody at Nuskin. Maybe the CEO aka my Parents Bishop, caught wind and told them they would not continue with the hearing. Who knows. All I know, is the CASE IS DISMISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't felt so relieved, so happy, in a long time. When I got the email from the unemployment office saying I wasn't at fault, that was a great moment. However, this tops it for sure. It's an amazing feeling. The only 2% of uggghhh still, is that they can reopen the case............if they do, they have to do it in writing and submit a valid reason why they didn't make the time. THEN it will be CONSIDERED to be opened again. I'm pretty sure it's over (that's where the 99% came from).

I have work off today. I'm playing Tennis at 10 with Steve. Japan is playing (USA and Mexico both lost........World Cup........so I chose Japan as my new team ) and they're going to win. Today is my day!!!!!!!!!

Vindicated. That is all.


1 comment:

Gigi said...

Jeff I am so sorry you had to go through all of this. None of us thought that all that we said was going to explode this big. guys some people can dish it out an can't take it if you know what I mean. hahaha. but i am glad its over.