Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Music!!!!!!!

So my Dad's company, First National Bank of Layton (but he works in the Draper branch, in the mortgage department. Or something.), had a picnic thing last Monday night, June 14th. There was food, then a free concert. The performer was Peter Breinholdt, a LDS/Folk Musician. The concert was pretty amazing to be honest. I seriously love live music in any form, especially if the people performing actually have real talent. While watching him perform, I thought..........why can't I do this? Really? I mean I have written a fair amount of songs, I'm comfortable playing for other people, and I really want to start pursuing at least a part time career in Music. I really want to make music more of a part of my life, not just something I casually do on the side. I don't need to be completely famous or anything, just have good music and be able to relate to people through that. I know that I'm the only one holding myself back. So I'm going to start looking into recording gear, and getting my stuff out there. Anyone I've shown my songs to, always tell me they are good. Maybe they're just being nice, or maybe it's just my own self doubt or insecurities, but sometimes I don't feel they are "World ready" or Good enough to be put out in the public. But I'll never know if I don't know.

Anyway, during the concert there were a few songs that Peter told all the kids to come up to the front and dance along with him. There was this one kid (you'll see in the video below) in a Football Jersey who would come up and just dance like crazy. He'd turn around to the crowd and put his hands in the air like at a rock concert. His dancing was HILARIOUS. We were all completely BUSTING up. I also love the girl in the striped dress right in front of the camera. Kids are so innocent,and they just don't care what other people think. They were told to dance, so they did. And they had FUN! So, I took some video, I mean how could I NOT take video of this? So I hope you enjoy it as much as I did then :)


No comments: