Friday, February 26, 2010

........Vespa....who'd have thought.........?


First, let me start back in December when I went to Las Vegas to see Muse, I was introduced to a new Band. The Paper Tongues. (see full post) That trip was pretty crazy by itself, but it seems it has gotten even more interesting 2 months down the road.

I got home and went to the Papertongues website and joined to be on their email list. Well apparently they had/have a sweepstakes going for a Paper Tongues Vespa....a Vespa...really? Kinda random, but cool none the less. So by signing up on their website, you would get entered automatically.

There are certain things in this world that a person would most likely never buy for themselves. Some good examples, for me, would be a jar of pickles, a Honda element, World of Warcraft, among other things the least likely thing I would buy for myself is a Vespa. If I were a single guy....well I AM single....but a Single guy living in Italy, I'd probably have one. However, I am not. So I wouldn't ever really see any need to buy a Vespa. However If i got one for free....that could be cool. I mean who doesn't want a free....anything?

This week has been busy. Studying, taking tests, working, being sick, working on a project, studying, almost non stop stuff. I rarely don't check my emails, but ever since I got my DROID, and have email on my phone, I don't really check other accounts anymore. Last night I get on and open up my old email, the one i signed up on the PT website with, and lo and behold I had an interesting email from them. This is what it looked like.

Dear Jeff Mabey,

We're writing to inform you that you've been randomly selected as the Grand Prize Winner of the Paper Tongues 'Ride to California on a Vespa' Contest. You've won a brand new Vespa S50. As per the official rules of the contest, you are required to provide all of the following documentation prior to being awarded the prize.

1. Proof of residence (copy of valid drivers license)
2. Proof of a valid license to operate a motorized cycle (winner is responsible for determining the appropriate class of license within their state of residence)
3. Proof of motor liability insurance
4. Completed W-9 form (attached) for tax reporting purposes.

Please contact us via email confirming receipt of this notice and acceptance of the grand prize offer as well as a the best phone number(s) to reach you. All documentation outlined above must be received by us via registered mail at the address below no later than 6pm EST March 12, 2010 or your status as the winner may be forfeited. Upon certification of eligibility requirements, you will be contacted to schedule delivery of the prize.

Please send the aforementioned documentation to the address below:

Paper Tongues - 'Ride to California on a Vespa' Contest
c/o A&M Octone Records
113 University Ave
11th Floor
New York, NY 10003

NOTE: we strongly suggest that you alert us via this email address with the detailed tracking information once your documentation has been sent to ensure prompt review.

Once again, Congratulations!,

Paper Tongues


To ME, that LOOKS pretty dang legit. Octone records is Legit, Paper Tongues is legit ( I saw them in concert), the contest is Legit (at least appears to be on their website), and well...I think I actually really DID win a Vespa. I was basically freaking out last night when I read the email. There was actually an email from this past Tuesday, saying "please read the email we sent you last Saturday, AND respond by Friday February 26th, or forfeit your prize." So I did. I haven't heard back from them yet......I'm just hoping Everything is cool. I don't know why it WOULDN'T be legit, but who knows I guess. Anyway I'll keep you....blog world....updated :)

YAY for a WIN!

3 comments:

kevin said...

First Nuskin hooks you up big time and now this? You need to hook me up with some of that karma ya got there

Jefe said...

Man, I've never won ANYTHING. They responded to my response today and asked me a couple more questions and asked for me to respond. Pretty crazy.

mavispuford said...

Wanna split it?