Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Finals at BYU

So i was walking up to the WILK today to study, and take one of my finals. I noticed something rather intriguing on my way there. Basically every person i came across had one of many looks on their faces: Terror, Stress, Sadness, Anxiety, mass depression. However, i did notice 3 people with a big smile on their face. One of these mysterious characters was a girl, which rather surprised me. Not that there was a girl walking on BYU campus, because that's generally pretty well known. The thought that immediately came to my mind was: "Why would ANYONE be smiling on finals day?" Then it occurred to me that it must be one of two reasons. 1) She just passed a terribly impossible final exam with flying colors or 2) She failed so miserably it made her smile upon thinking about it, which has happened to be on more than one occasion. The other two people i noticed were either a boy and girl together (I'm counting this as one), since who can't be happy when they are with someone they attracted to. And lastly older adults.....meaning not students. These people i have decided were most likely teachers laughing and giggling at the stress and anguish they are putting their students through. Pretty much everyone else i came across had a smug, sad, depressed, and sometimes angry look on their face. Oh and i came to sit down to study and the line where i need to go to was out to where i'm sitting...but now it's died down..so i should be good to roll. I'm taking New Testament and Chem 105 today...the latter i'm 98% sure I'll fail, but I'll let you know for sure.

No comments: